Terms & Conditions
http://www.gsed.co.za is owned and run by Green Shoots Consulting (Pty) Ltd with registration number 2017/249520/07, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (herein after referred to as “Green Shoots”).
Warrantees and Limitations of Liability
- These terms and conditions between Green Shoots and all users of the Service, including the users at the provincial education department, the school district, the school or learner (hereinafter also referred to as “the User”) govern the provision of this Service by Green Shoots to the User and by accepting the terms and conditions when registering as a User, the User agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions is a legally binding document.
- Green Shoots may modify the terms and conditions periodically with or without notice to Users, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon publishing such modifications. It is the User’s’ responsibility to review the terms and conditions on a regular basis to ensure that they are fully aware of the terms and conditions to which they are bound.
- Should any of the terms and conditions be breached by a User, Green Shoots, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, alter or terminate User access of the Services.
- The Green Shoots Suite; Maths Curriculum Online, MCO School Based Assessment, Maths@Home, MathsQuest, GS Teach and GS Insights; provide online mathematics programmes and data visualisations mapped to the South African curriculum for grades 3 to 9 (“the Service/s”).
- By registering for the Service, the User grants permission to Green Shoots, for the duration of such subscription, to collect, use and store User data in accordance with the Green Shoots Data Policy.
- When registering learner Users, the school herewith warrants that the appropriate consent has been obtained from a competent person prior to the personal information of children being submitted to the Services, as required in terms of section 35 of Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013.
- The User is furthermore responsible for ensuring that all information provided to Green Shoots when both registering as a User and registering learner Users is accurate and current at all times. Green Shoots will be entitled to call upon the User to provide documentary evidence, and/or all other information which we reasonably require to verify the information provided when registering for the Services.
- Only representatives who are authorised may register for the Service on behalf of a provincial education department User, the school district User and the school User.
- The User agrees and guarantees that the username and password that he/she will use to log into the Service is for his/her personal use only and will not be passed on to any third party. The User will immediately notify Green Shoots of any unauthorised use of the User Account, or other account related security breach of which the User is aware. Green Shoots will reset his/her password upon receipt of such a notification.
- Users are prohibited from posting any information that is obscene, offensive, vulgar, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or embarrassing, or which may cause annoyance, anxiety or inconvenience to another User or any other person or entity; post a sexually-explicit image or statement; post advertisements or solicitations of business; post chain letters or pyramid schemes or that impersonates another person.
- Support is provided by Green Shoots to all Users of the Services and support includes the following:
- Help desk offers links to user training guides (downloadable pdf) and short videos;
- Regular focused training sessions; and
- Email support with 48 hours’ response turnaround time.
Warrantees and Limitations of Liability
- Green Shoots will not be responsible for any direct or incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by the User as a result of making use of the Service.
- Green Shoots does not warrant that the Service will meet the User requirements and, for this purpose, it is specifically recorded that the Service is provided "as is" and it is the User’s responsibility to satisfy itself that it meets the User requirements and is compatible with the User hardware and software prior to making use thereof.
- Green Shoots does not warrant that the Service results of use will be correct, accurate or reliable or that any defects in the Service can or will be corrected. Green Shoots can furthermore not be held responsible for the accuracy of the User data sourced through the Service.
- All Intellectual Property Rights in the Service, processes, manuals and other documentation connected with the Service and/or Green Shoots shall remain at all times the sole property of Green Shoots.
- Unless specifically authorised in writing by Green Shoots and then only to the extent so authorised, the User shall have no right to use Green Shoots’ Intellectual Property in any manner whatsoever.
- All copyright relating to http://www.gsed.co.za, including these terms and conditions, is held by Green Shoots. All rights not expressly given are reserved. You may download, view and print content from this platform only for private and non-commercial ends. All content, trademarks and data on this platform, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of Green Shoots. As such, they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.